Thursday, October 1, 2009

Inconsequence (A Jazz Tune)

Something a little different. A test of the video embedding, I guess. (Could it have picked a more objectionable thumbnail?)


An original composition. In my Walter Mitty fantasy world, this is part of a stage musical and is performed twice; the reprise has slightly different lyrics. For my own nefarious purposes, I have Frankensteined the two into one.

Here we are, you and I,
Face to face, eye to eye.
Shouldn't time give a soul
Who while wondering was blundering
A chance to be whole...?

...Hold that thought, just a mo,
Never mind, let it go.
Doesn't matter what we do
From here on, from here on I'll smile
In consequence of you.

This song is Copyright © 2009 by Brian Tung. All rights reserved. Product may have settled during shipping. Do not incinerate. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Operate in a well-ventilated environment. Handle with care. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball. Contents under pressure. Do not inhale.

No comments:

Post a Comment